News from the Valley of Salem
Mark your calendars, hopefully, the Spring Class is on the horizon on April 10, 2021. Currently, plans are for the class to take place in person at Grand Lodge, but with the ongoing pandemic plans are very fluid and can change at any moment. Should they change, we will notify you promptly with the most up to date information.
- A Scottish Rite Mason of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction who is in good standing
- A student directly related (bloodline or by legal means) to a Scottish Rite Mason in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction or a member of a youth organization sponsored by the Masonic fraternity in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction who is:
- A high school senior, currently accepted at an accredited trade school who has attained a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- A high school senior, or undergraduate, or graduate student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
The Spring “Jacques DeMolay” class is coming up quickly on Saturday, April 4, 2020, at Grand Lodge in Boston.
Throughout the day, the different bodies will be putting on degrees to exemplify the ideals of Scottish Rite. The 12°, Master of Mercy, teaches forgiveness, compassion, and brotherly love. The 15°, Knight of the East, emphasizes the importance of loyalty and fidelity to all of our beliefs and obligations. Knight of the Rose Croix, the 18°, reveals the message of the new law of love and instructs us to prepare a temple in our hearts.
Scottish Rite and Masonry, in general, is dedicated to helping our youth afford higher education, and we realize that with the ever-rising costs of colleges and universities, applying for multiple scholarships is a necessity!
Excerpts From The Rite Times:
Supreme Council's New Website!
On June 21, the Massachusetts Council of Deliberation elected three members of Massachusetts Consistory to receive their Meritorious Service Awards. Brothers Robert G. Parsons, 32°, George K. Haile, 32°, and George H. Kopps, 32°, were all elected to receive the award.
- Be a Scottish Rite Mason for the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
- Be the child of a Scottish Rite Mason in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
- Be an active member of DeMolay, Rainbow, or Job's Daughters in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.